Nutrition and Training Information Session
Brighton SLSC Youth Development Program is hosting an information session on “nutrition and training” for teenagers.
This session is being presented by Miranda Berry who is a student dietician withFlinders University. The information presented will be tailored towards surf lifesaving, and will have a duration of around 40 minutes, after which Miranda will be more than happy to answer your questions on nutrition. This presentation is open to all members.
When : Tuesday 11th March 2014
Where : Upstairs at Brighton SLSC
Time : 6.30pm following training
Nipper Newsletters for Season 2013-14
2013-14 Nippers Newsletters:
- No. 12 - Sat 15-Feb-14
- No. 11 - Sat 8-Feb-14
- No. 10 - Sat 25-Jan-14
- No. 8 - Sat 11-Jan-14
- No. 7 - Sat 30-Nov-13
- No. 6 - Sat 23-Nov-13
- No. 5 - Sat 16-Nov-13
- No. 4 - Sat 9-Nov-13
- No. 3 - Sat 2-Nov-13
- No. 2 - Sat 26-Oct-13
- No. 1 - Sat 19-Oct-13
For more information see the Nipper web site area.
Patrol Efficiency Competition 2013/14
Patrol Inspections have commenced and will continue through to the Sunday 30 March 2014. There will be two (2) inspections; a theory inspection and a rescue scenario. Copies of the Patrol Inspection forms used by the inspectors are using are available for you to become familiar with:
Click here for the Surf Life Saving SA Patrol Inspections page.
Nipper Board care
CLUB NIPPER BOARDS ARE NOT TO BE USED OUTSIDE OF SUPERVISED NIPPER TRAINING SESSIONS
For all Nippers, Nipper Parents and Age Group Managers, please see the Nipper Board Care statement.
Registration will require the following to be completed Membership is approved:
2. Go to Surf lifesaving Online:
- Existing members renew your member information.
- New members will need to register.
3 Download your BSLSC FORM ONE and fill it out. Blank copies of the form will be available at the club.
4. To receive your membership card, come to the club on a registration day and present your completed BSLSC FORM ONE to a member of the Registration Team.
All members Under 18 require a SLSSA Participation Medical Form to be returned to Registration Team.
Registration and Information desk times:
- Friday 11th October 2013 – 6pm till 7pm for Renewing & Supporter Members
- Saturday 12th October 2013 – 1pm till 4pm
- Saturday 19th October 2013 onwards – 1pm till 2:30pm
Fees and Other Payment Links
The following are various links to the My Booking Manager web site for payment of various fees.
Membership Payment - 2013/14 Competition Fees - Training Manuals - Fobs: Click Here
Club Swimming Link: Click Here
World Life Saving Competition Payment: Click Here
Aussie Titles Accommodation Payments: Click Here
Community Door Knock Appeal Donation: Click Here
ASRL Navy Series 2012/13 Payment: Click Here
Club Hire, Licence or Cleaning Fees: Click Here
Youth Development Program
The Brighton Youth Development Program was developed with the aim to retain the club's youth members in the 14 to 21 age range by:
- Providing a program to aid in the transition from juniors into the senior club.
- Providing details and guidance of available youth activities.
- Enable youth members to retain a connection with the club.
- Enable youth members to learn new and enhance existing skill sets.
- Involve youth members in off beach and social activities.
- Provide a recognition and rewards program for the youth members.
The youth members participate in a very wide range of activities at Brighton including patrols Youth Development members regularly notched up over a 1000 patrol hours per year.
They also compete at junior and senior carnivals, assist at Saturday Nippers in various roles as Age Group Assistants or providing water cover. Several Youth members have represented South Australia in the State and Development Teams.
The membership rewards program recognizes members who have registered in the program by awarding points for various activities. Once certain levels of points are reached and the required patrol hours are met the member is presented with a certificate and a gift for recognition of their efforts.
Other Youth Development activities have included the “Brighton Amazing Chase”, a sleepover movie night at the club and the “Up the Tower” fundraiser at the Brighton Jetty Classic which saw the group raise $303 towards the SLSSA Rescue helicopter.
The following additional information is available on this website:
- Brighton SLSC Linfox Youth Development Members Guide
- Brighton SLSC Linfox Youth Development Handout
- Training Information Leaflet