ARTC Proficiencies 2014
Proficiency testing dates for Advanced Resuscitation Techniques have been set by the TAPP committee. As per previous years, we have allocated two evenings for this to be completed and are asking all members who wish to maintain their ARTC proficiency to attend one of these two sessions. The dates set are:
- Tuesday 16th September - 6pm to 8pm start times
- Thursday 25th September - 6pm to 8pm start times
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS YEAR'S PROFICIENCIES
Recent listed SLSSA Circulars and Bulletins
SLSSA has recently listed a number of Lifesaving related Circulars and Bulletin on the SLSSA website that relate to the general membership:
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Helicopter Crew Trainees
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Lifesaving Standing Committee four (4) positions:
- Jet Rescue Boat Officer
- Rescue Water Craft Officer
- Radio Communications Officer
- General Lifesaving Standing Committee Member
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Patrol Competition Audit Assessors
- Bulletin – First Aid Kits (minimum contents)
The above information can be found at:
BSLSC Healthy Eating Policy
Brighton Surf Club's Healthy Eating Policy has been released and a copy can be found here.
Nipper Board care
CLUB NIPPER BOARDS ARE NOT TO BE USED OUTSIDE OF SUPERVISED NIPPER TRAINING SESSIONS
For all Nippers, Nipper Parents and Age Group Managers, please see the Nipper Board Care statement.
Youth Development Program
The Brighton Youth Development Program was developed with the aim to retain the club's youth members in the 14 to 21 age range by:
- Providing a program to aid in the transition from juniors into the senior club.
- Providing details and guidance of available youth activities.
- Enable youth members to retain a connection with the club.
- Enable youth members to learn new and enhance existing skill sets.
- Involve youth members in off beach and social activities.
- Provide a recognition and rewards program for the youth members.
The youth members participate in a very wide range of activities at Brighton including patrols Youth Development members regularly notched up over a 1000 patrol hours per year.
They also compete at junior and senior carnivals, assist at Saturday Nippers in various roles as Age Group Assistants or providing water cover. Several Youth members have represented South Australia in the State and Development Teams.
The membership rewards program recognizes members who have registered in the program by awarding points for various activities. Once certain levels of points are reached and the required patrol hours are met the member is presented with a certificate and a gift for recognition of their efforts.
Other Youth Development activities have included the “Brighton Amazing Chase”, a sleepover movie night at the club and the “Up the Tower” fundraiser at the Brighton Jetty Classic which saw the group raise $303 towards the SLSSA Rescue helicopter.
The following additional information is available on this website:
- Brighton SLSC Linfox Youth Development Members Guide
- Brighton SLSC Linfox Youth Development Handout
- Training Information Leaflet
Brighton Surf Life Saving Club Swimming at Immanuel School
The swimming at Immanuel involves contracting pool space and coaches on a monthly basis and we pay a set price so whether you swim or not the bills need to be paid and you are allocated that space for the month you have booked.
Robyn runs the program as a volunteer with no profit to the Club.
Monday Nipper Night Only 6.15pm warm-up/chat 6.30pm till 7.30pm pool
Tuesday Nights 6.45pm warm-up/chat 7pm till 8pm pool
Thursday Nights 6.45pm warm/up/chat 7pm till 8pm pool
*Members are not eligible to swim unless a registered member of the BSLSC Club and also have paid their swimming fees before entering the water for the month.