Bronze Medallion & SRC Wet Proficiencies 2014
Proficiency testing dates for the wet component of Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificates have been set by the TAPP committee. This year, in response to feedback received as part of the club survey, we have split dry and wet components of proficiencies over two separate times. The dates set for the wet component of Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate proficiencies are:
- Sunday 9th November - 1pm to 4pm
- Saturday 15th November - 9am to 12noon
The wet component of proficiencies will include Run/Swim/Run for all members, as well as a Board or Tube Rescue. For members who have completed their Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate proficiency, we will also cover Signals and Radio component to finish your Bronze Medallion proficiency. There is no booking required for the wet component of proficiencies. This was required only for the dry component. Please arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to the end of the session, as this is when the last Run/Swim/Runs will be conducted on each day.
For all members who have not yet completed a dry proficiency, you must attend a dry session to complete the resuscitation component of your proficiency. We will not be conducting resuscitation proficiencies at wet sessions. More information on the dry proficiencies are available here.
2015 Australian Youth Champs Info Sheet
Please see here for a copy of the 2015 Australian Youth Champs Info Sheet.
Bronze Medallion & SRC Dry Proficiencies 2014
Proficiency testing dates for the dry land component of Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificates have been set by the TAPP committee. This year, in response to feedback received as part of the club survey, we have split dry and wet components of proficiencies over two separate times. We are now advertising the dry component and inviting people to come along, with the wet component to be conducted in mid November. The dates set are:
- Sunday 28th September - 9am to 4pm start times
- Tuesday 7th October - 6pm to 8pm start times
- Thursday 16th October - 6pm to 8pm start times
- Saturday 18th October - 9am to 4pm start times
These dry land sessions will cover the usual Resuscitation, Signals and Radio components of your Bronze Medallion or Surf Rescue Certificate proficiencies. Members who have not yet completed their Advanced Resuscitation Techniques proficiency will be able to be catered for at some of these sessions at the discretion of the Chief Instructor.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS YEAR'S PROFICIENCIES
Registration will require the following to be completed before Membership is approved:
2. Go to Surf lifesaving Online:
- Existing members renew your member information.
- New members will need to register.
3 Download your BSLSC FORM ONE and fill it out. Blank copies of the form will be available at the club.
4. To receive your membership card, come to the club on a registration day and present your completed BSLSC FORM ONE and PROOF OF PAYMENT to a member of the Registration Team.
All members Under 18 require a SLSSA Participation Medical Form to be returned to Registration Team.
All members requiring Craft Space (ie boards, Skis) in the Club Shed for the season require an Equipment Request Storage Application returned to the Registration Team. The gear shed will be numbered and members will be allocated a numbered space. Those not meeting the requirements will be asked to remove their craft from the Club.
Registration and Information desk times:
- Saturday 11th October 2014 – 1:30pm till 4pm
- Saturday's 18th October 2014 onwards - 1pm till 2:30pm
Raising funds for Leukaemia Research. 5th October 2-5 pm. See the Team Tiger flyer
Recent listed SLSSA Circulars and Bulletins
SLSSA has recently listed a number of Lifesaving related Circulars and Bulletin on the SLSSA website that relate to the general membership:
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Helicopter Crew Trainees
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Lifesaving Standing Committee four (4) positions:
- Jet Rescue Boat Officer
- Rescue Water Craft Officer
- Radio Communications Officer
- General Lifesaving Standing Committee Member
- Circular and Expression of Interest – Patrol Competition Audit Assessors
- Bulletin – First Aid Kits (minimum contents)
The above information can be found at: